Monday 8 September 2014

Life update

Hello lovelies, it's been a while since I've written one of these, and if you don't follow me on social media or my other blog, you might not know about all the crazy things going on in my life right now and over the past few months.  So here's some pictures to show you what's been going on :)

Hubby
Over the past few months, the hubby has been amazing getting everything ready for the baby (more on that in the next post), but yesterday he ran his 2nd Cardiff 10k.  Because of all the baby prep he wasn't able to train as much, but he only missed his last time by a few mins, I'm so proud of him :) This is a pic of him just after completing it :)  Next up for him the Mens Health challenge at the end of the month - he'll have his work cut out for that, it's 13k and an assault course!
Hubby completing the Cardiff 10k 2014

Nato
Here in Cardiff we've also just had the NATO summit, and what total cray cray that was!  Steel fences everywhere, roads blocked off or put to 1 lane, 10k policeman walking around, including ones with machine guns!  And we had HMS Duncan (our newest destroyer) docked down the bay with a frigate and a mine sweeper - we were well protected!

Also, when Obama was on his way to Cardiff Castle for dinner, he (and other delegates) flew over our house :)  That was pretty cool.
Barricades in Cardiff
 Barricades at the ends of the shopping streets

Armed police in Cardiff
 Police with machine guns

Police on motorbikes
Lots of police

HMS Duncan
HMS Destroyer (with loaded torpedos!) 

Baby
This is what's been mostly going on in my life, preparing for Squidge's arrival.  As of today, I'm 35 weeks pregnant, and they're planning on inducing me at 38 weeks, so only 3 weeks to go!  It's been a mad rush to get the nursery finished (close to done now) and everything in the house ready. Tomorrow is my last day before I start my annual leave & maternity (weds) and I can't wait! Working has become very tiring, just doing simple tasks like blogging really takes it out of me, so much rest is needed.  If you're interested in following my journey, head over to www.mummy-pixie.com which is where I write weekly updates and blog all about the baby :)
Moses basket
Our moses basket - it was pretty much the only one I could find with green on it

My typical breakfast
I have gestational diabetes, so my diet is very limited, albeit healthy.  This is a typical breakfast for me, fruit with greek yoghurt and a teaspoon of truvia.

Floor going in the nursery
After the walls were painted, this is the floor going in.

Everything in the nursery!
The nursery filling with furniture - this is before I managed to sort everything out.

furniture in the nursery
Another shot of the same room in the same state :P

tofu ramen at wagamamas
At work we went out for a meal before I left, I had tofu ramen from Wagamamas, yummy!!!

nursery drawers
The drawers in the nursery filling up with cute baby clothes :)

pregnant bump

My bump at about 34 weeks :)  

So that's pretty much been my life over the last few months - get the bedroom done, then the nursery and now we have tonnes of stuff to sort out that had been kept in both rooms.  I hope you don't mind this kind of post, I do them from time to time and I always enjoy writing them :)



SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Oh wow, I can't believe you only have 3 weeks to go eeeeeeek xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you're nearly due! Seems like only last week you announced your happy news :)


    Danniella x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, crazy isn't it! Yeah, it feels like it was only a couple of weeks ago :P

      Delete
  3. So excited for you both! Your nursery is looking adorable, I bet you're so excited! xxx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) Yeah we're really excited, I'll be happier when the nursery is 100% done :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely post and best of luck for your new arrival :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin and GFC. If you ever get the chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited about your arrival, so I can only imagine how excited you and your husband are!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annabel :) Yeah we're pretty excited, it's still hard to believe, feels so surreal!

      Delete
  6. Well done to your hubby!
    Your nursery is beautiful, I love the Moses basket & the colour of the walls :)

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D It's pretty much finished now - yeah the moses basket is gorgeous :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig