Monday 15 September 2014

August 2014 favourites

August 2014 favourites

I know we're half way through September so this is a little late, but I figured it's better late than never. August has seen me start to wear foundation a little more than in the previous few months, but still not crazy amounts, and I've been wearing some slightly different products, these are the ones that have really stood out to me (tip of the cap to Bourjois for having 3 in my top 6).

Bourjois radiance reveal healthy mix foundation
A beauty that I reviewed earlier this month, my current favourite foundation (don't worry, I'm so fickle this changes all the time).  This is my NARS sheer glow dupe, it gives a beautiful finish that's both quite matte and glowing at the same time.  It lasts well and sits beautifully on the skin.

Bourjois 1 seconde mascara
I love how this defines the lashes and makes them look amazing.  I love that it doesn't crumble and flake out onto my cheeks, it stays put, even this version the non-waterproof one.  It has a thick rubbery wand that grips the lashes really well.

Bourjois liner pinceau (liquid eye liner)
This was a recommendation from Sandra from The Black Pearl Blog - it's the one she's always raved about.  In fairness, I've grown to really love it too.  It sets pretty matte, and jet black.  The brush is flat so you can turn it on its side to get more precision.  It dries quickly and stays put until you're ready to take it off with no transference to the lid, that's my kinda liner :)

Clarins ombre matte eyeshadow in Sparkle Grey*
I was very lucky and received 3 of these from Clarins from their Autumn collection and this one has to be my favourite, I adore the colour, the finish and everything about it.  I've worn it a LOT over the last month and just by itself, with liquid eyeliner and mascara.  I'm not one of these people that think it's lame to wear just one colour, in fact I think wearing just one colour is often more elegant :)

Sephora blusher in healthy rose
I just can't get enough of this blusher.  It's pretty much been a staple favourite of mine since I bought it in Jan/Feb this year.  If you have pale skin it looks absolutely gorgeous, like a fresh flush of colour on your cheeks, perfect for any of the seasons.

Maybelline quad in Smokey Cinnamon
It's no secret that I'm a big fan of wearing green eyeshadow, especially dark greens.  Ages ago I saw Emily Noel (Beauty Broadcast) create a gorgeous look using this quad, and I've been pretty much recreating it ever since (give or take the lime colour in there).  It's a gorgeous look for Autumn and I'm just in love with the deep green with the subtle cinnamon on the outer edge.  Et voila!
Maybelline quad in smokey cinnamon on my eyes

So they were my August favourites, what were you loving in August?



SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I've said this before but I absolutely love how you do your eye makeup, it always looks amazing!

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jordan :) I think I'm a bit of a one trick pony when it comes to eye makeup though - not adventurous enough :P

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the look of yacht and everyone of these products, your eye makeup is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous eye make up! <3 I think you have sold the Bourjois foundation to me :)

    Danniella x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. My skin has been really bad so I havn't been to keen on makeup the past month but its cleared up heaps since so I've gotten back to it! All these products look great, I've never tried anything from the sephora brand but that blush looks nice :)

    Melanie | Melaniface

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig