Monday 29 September 2014

September 2014 favourites

September 2014 favourites

Last month my favourites were quite late, so I'm getting them in early this time :)  Since I've been on maternity leave (well, technically annual leave as my maternity leave starts today) I haven't worn much makeup as I've just been sat at home every day.  However, on the times I have ventured out or just felt like putting on makeup - these have been some of my most reached for pieces.

Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser
This is probably my 4th time of buying this, but this time instead of opting for the pump bottle which is smaller, I went for the bigger squeeze bottle.  I'm not sure if anyone else has found this, but I've found the formula in the squeezy bottle to be a bit wetter, meaning I need to use a bit more than before - but that aside, it's fab for removing makeup and leaves my skin feeling lovely, soft and well cleansed.

Kiehl's midnight recovery oil*
I haven't been using this long enough to form a proper review of it - however the times I have been using it I'm absolutely loving it.  I use 3 drops at night, warm it in my hands, and then rub it into my face.  By the morning my skin feels like velvet.  It hasn't broken me out or anything negative, it's only made my skin feel lovely.

Benefit Browzings* & Gimmie Brow*
As you might know from previous updates, for my brows I've always been a fan of the HD Brow kit, and up until a couple weeks ago, I'd never tried Browzings.  I bought a Gimmie Brow in dark months ago and loved it - it's MUCH better than the Maybelline equivalent (which I'd tried first).  When I went to a Benefit blogger event, the lovely Lisa gave me a full brow treatment and these products, which are both in light - not a shade I would have picked out for myself.  However, the look is so much more natural and gives me fuller looking brows than my old HD Brow kit - I'm really impressed with these.

Makeup Revolution Super wow matte lip pencil*
While not all of these shades were ones I'd regularly wear, this one in particular I adore - the shade is Maria.  Each of the shades in the collection are 'Blondie' themed :)  These are perfectly matte and stay put for a long time.  My biggest tip is to apply it with a lip brush first so you can get a nice defined line.

Mavala nail polish in Iridescence*
This lovely purple shade has been living on my toes for the past couple of weeks.  Today I'm taking off my gel nail polish (apparently, if I need a c-section, they'll take it off anyway) and replacing it with this to match my toes, all ready for hospital.  I'm going to take nail polish remover with me just in case, but at least this will be easier to remove than gel!  The first coat of this goes on quite thin, but the 2nd coat fixed it and gives a lovely opaque colour.  Top it off with a clear top coat and it'll last for days too.

Makeup Forever HD Foundation
I picked this up earlier in the year and forgot I had it - but oh boy am I glad I rediscovered it!  I've just realised I haven't reviewed this yet either!  It gives a lovely near-flawless finish, it stays matte and stays in place for a long time.  It's medium-buildable coverage and evens out the skin-tone beautifully. This is one of the best foundations I've used, it's got a sterling reputation for a reason.


SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I'm a regular repurchaser of the Liz Earle big squeeze tubes - I fell in love with the cleanser last year. I didn't realise the consistency was different in the tubes, I might have to try one of the pump bottles to compare. I'm really looking forward to your review of the Kiehls oil, I tried their Creme de Corps this week and couldn't believe how nice it was. I'm really interested to try more of their products x

    Angelica // One Little Vice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good isn't it! Yeah, maybe its just me but I'm sure the pump bottles have a thicker consistency which seems to go further. Ooh I want to try the Creme de Corps too :D

      Delete
  2. OOh what a fab list, I really want to try the Kiehls Midnight Recovery Oil x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about getting something like the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Oil so I may need to check this out, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a look :) I've been really liking it :)

      Delete
  4. This was such a lovely post, I am desperate to try the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser, it looks great for removing makeup and would save all the faff with cotton pads and micellar cleaners

    Anothergirlyblg

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only brow gel I've tried is the Maybelline one and I like it a lot but I do have a few issues with it, I need to try this Benefit Gimme Brow!

    Chloe Andrews | Nail tutorials & beauty posts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read so many rave reviews on MUF foundation but have yet to try it for myself. I must remind myself to pick this up the next time I visit Sephora.

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  7. The HD sounds really good, matte and a perfect finish? I'm sold!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's sooo good! Even with my oily skin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really can't recommend it enough Shireen :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look forward to your full Kiehl's review! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so obsessed with Gimme Brow.. it's my absolute favourite brow product I've tried xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig