Sunday 6 May 2012

Maybelline Colour Tattoos

I know the Maybelline Colour Tattoo's have been really well covered, but I wanted to do a post on them as I don't think it's something I've talked much about before.  I bought 2 a few weeks ago, but they didn't have the exact colours I wanted as they were sold out everywhere.  But I was desperate to try them so I bought Eternal Gold and Immortal Charcoal.  Then, I was in my supermarket a few days ago and they finally had them in stock, yay!  So I picked up Turquoise fever and On and On Bronze and man alive are they stunning!  So, to commemorate my love of these, I've done some swatching and some pictures for you :)  Enjoy!













Consistency and Longevity

I find that they work best with an eye shadow over the top.  As always, I still get creasing on my right eye as it's so hooded, but if I put a similar eye shadow over the top, it lasts ages!  If I use a primer, then a colour tattoo, then some shadow, I can get about 12 hours wear out of them without any majorly noticeable creasing.  But without the eye shadow, I get about 6 hours on the right eye, and at least 12 on the left eye.  So it really does depend how hooded your eyes are too.  They give a brilliant colour and can be blended in nicely, but you need to work quite quickly before they set.  

Other Use


Also, if you have an angled liner brush, you can use these colours as a liner instead, the blue one makes a fantastic liner colour, as they all do.  Other than that, they're not that multi purpose, but hey, I only bought them for my eyes so it doesn't really matter, and they're not that expensive.  The first two I bought at a deal of 2 for £5, and the second two were £5.99 each.  Personally I think they're great value for money, and I look forward to creating some great looks with them :)

Pixi3 out
xXx

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Hey there i have given you an award i hope you like it :)
    http://xcharmed-chickx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow that's so lively, thank you :). I'm in bed right now, so I'll do all the bits and bobs I need to tomorrow night. Thank you though, that made my day :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great product georgina :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - yeah it's decent, but I'm having some issues since with the longevity of it - I have another blog post coming up about that. For long wear I'm not having great experiences of it. The gold one has been great, but the bronze and the blue have been less so.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig