Sunday 13 May 2012

Boots 17 BB Cream

So I've had this a little while.  I've been wanting to try and get into BB creams, this was cheap and thought I'd give it ago since I hadn't read any 'bad' reviews on it.  It retails for £6.99 and you can get it in 3 shades, light, medium and dark I believe.



When I first got it, I tried it straight away and didn't like it, I felt that it gave pretty much zero coverage and made my skin a total grease-ball, but I figured that could have been a fluke, maybe I was having an 'oily' day or whatever.  So, I tried it again today (I actually set myself a challenge today to do my makeup with pretty much only drugstore stuff, and the cheapest of it at that), and I have to be honest, I still don't like it.  Now, I'm not letting that put me off trying other BB creams, I just wouldn't necessarily go back to this one.







It made my skin insanely greasy and shiny and just sits on my face as opposed to blending with it like a normal foundation.  I had to use a fair bit of concealer in places as it didn't even cover the most basic of light red tints on my face (blotches not pimples).  I've actually been tempted to take it off in fear of breaking out due it's greasyness.  I haven't any other blog posts of people having the same issues with it as me, so I'm putting this down to my skin type and not necessarily the product.

I am however a strong believe in 'you get what you pay for', especially when it comes down to foundations and alike.  I know a lot of people love 17, but I fell out of love with them as I left my teens and I moved on to other brands that aren't targeted at younger people.

So from me, it's a thumbs down *sadface* but, if you don't have skin like me (generally oily with dry patches), you might find it great, and for £6.99 it's not a massive waste if it's not to your liking.

Pixi3 out
xXx
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Hi, thanks for the comment :) Just checked out your lovely blogged and subscribed :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig