Sunday 29 November 2015

RECIPE | Quorn biryani

When I decided to move away from beauty to lifestyle, one of the things I really wanted to do was more recipe posts - I really enjoyed doing them on my mummy blog. Today I bring you my recipe for my own quorn biryani.  Back before I became vegetarian I used to make this with chicken instead, the recipe and process was exactly the same, I just swapped chicken out for quorn.

For this recipe I use 'chefs measures', so basically I haven't measured anything, I just chuck it all in and hope for the best, it pretty much always turns out well :)  So, for this recipe you will need:

Basmati rice (enough for however many people you're making the meal for)
Fresh coriander
Sultanas (a couple handfuls)
Small packed flaked almonds
Jar of curry sauce (I use korma sauce)
Coconut milk (I've been using the Alpro* one recently)
A packed of quorn chicken pieces (or actual chicken, whatever you like)
Salt

It'll take about 10-15 mins to cook :)

Ingredients

Method
1. Boil the kettle and get the rice cooking
2. Chuck the quorn in the frying pan with a little oil, once it's starting to cook, add 1 or 2 dessert spoons of the curry paste and a splash of boiling water.  Give it a good stir.

Quorn in the pan

3. Add about a third-half of the flaked almonds and a good handful of the sultanas

Quorn mixture with flaked almonds and sultanas

4. Roughly chop the coriander
Chopped coriander
5. Stir in your coconut milk - or in my case, the Alpro coconut cuisine (I actually prefer this to normal coconut milk, it doesn't separate, it tastes really coconutty and has much less fat)
Alpro coconut cuisine

Pouring the Alpro into the mixture

6. Give it all a good stir and let it simmer while the rice finishes cooking
Quorn simmering away

7. Next up, strain off the rice, chuck it in a big mixing bowl and add the quorn coconut mixture, the coriander, the rest of the flaked almonds and another good handful (or two) of the sultanas and a good sprinkle of salt.  Give it a good stir, serve it up in your favourite bowls with a knob of butter.
The finished product, ready to eat

Et voila, it's ready for demolishing :)  This is one of our favourite meals - it's also really nice reheated the next day.  Just make sure you don't keep it for long or reheat it more than once, rice can be nasty with that and goes off pretty quickly.  I certainly wouldn't keep it in the fridge for more than 1 day before eating :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig