Friday 27 November 2015

CosyWool knitting competition

Competition prize


Going back a couple months ago, I was invited to take part in a knitting (well, in my case, crochet) competition by the brand Cosy Wool.

The challenge was to knit/crochet a scarf in any style I like.  Because I signed up to the challenge early, I also received £5 of yarn (it's the yarn I used to create the scarf, I did end up buying another 2 balls of it as 2 wasn't quite enough - it took 3 in the end).  What was really cool is that when the yarn came, it was vac-packed, so it went through my letter box.  There was also a mini Cadburys Fudge in there :D  My second order was slightly different, I don't think the vac-pack worked properly as it was quite puffy and didn't go through the letter box, also, no choc the 2nd time :P

I searched high and low for a pattern, I wanted something that would lend itself to a chunky yarn, and something that looked different - I started off thinking about crocheting the 'Just be happy' scarf, but I struggled to follow the written instructions, so I searched again and found the Caron Bellflower scarf - it looks similar, but I could follow the pattern really easily, it was an instant winner!

It took about 6 rows before I could stop looking at the instructions, then it just clicked and I was off! Because I chose a chunky yarn, progress was quick too.  The yarn was decent quality and really cheap - depending on when you look, you should be able to pick up 2 balls for just under £5, for me it took 3, so £7.50 for such a great scarf is a bargain in my opinion!

Anyway, enough of my rabble, I'm sure you want to see some pics!  I'm sorry they're not all great quality, I've really struggled to photograph it!

This is the yarn I used, it's in shade Thistle.
Grousemoor chunky yarn

A bit of a close up when it was still a work in progress
Scarf as a WIP

You can start to see the pattern coming together
Scarf pattern coming together

 The finished scarf, on!  Ends all joined so it's endless :)
Scarf finished and on!

A close up of the finished scarf
 A close up of the finished scarf, folded, so you can see the pattern
A close up of the finished scarf, folded

It's such a gorgeous scarf, I've had loads of compliments on it too.  In fact, my friend has asked me to crochet her a blanket in that pattern (in duck egg blue - going to look gorgeous!).

What do you think? Would you wear it?
Follow me on
Google Plus | Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest

*Competition entry
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig