Thursday 26 November 2015

#PreciousMoments campaign for Tŷ Hafan

If you're not based around South Wales, you might not have heard of Tŷ Hafan.  They're a childrens hospice, based in Sully, just south of Cardiff.

Ty Hafan precious moments campaign star

Ty Hafan precious moments campaign stars

A couple weeks ago, they emailed me asking me to be a blog ambassador for them for their #PreciousMoments campaign.  Without hesitation I said that I'd be honoured to.  I honestly can't imagine having to face losing Squidge, just thinking about is enough to make me cry.  Tŷ Hafan provide the ultimate in palliative care for children, and of course, immense support for their parents too.  I'm actually heading to the hospice tomorrow for a tour with some other bloggers, and I've got no idea how I'm going to keep it together, but I'm going to do my best.

Tŷ Hafan are encouraging everyone to share their #PreciousMoments using the hashtag on social media.  It got me thinking about all the precious moments I have with Squidge, and you know what, I couldn't think of just one, every moment is precious.  The tantrums, the night waking, the giggles, the kisses, the cuddles, the innocent playing, the eating, the all-consuming way they take over every element of your life, it's all so precious. 

Each week Tŷ Hafan are picking a word to go with the week and their campaign, this week's word is 'cwtch'.  If you're not Welsh, a cwtch is that lovely cuddle you have when you give a little squeeze too, that lovely moment where you cuddle up - it's actually pretty hard to express a cwtch in words, it's more than that.  With that in mind, here are some of my favourite cwtch photo's of Squidge :)

I'm going to try and blog each week with my pictures that match the word of the week, so you'll be seeing plenty more soppy pictures of us over the coming weeks :)

The first pic is probably the best visual representation of 'cwtch' that I have, it's perfect :)

Daddy cwtching Squidge on his first birthday
 Squidge giving me a cwtch :D Crazy how much my hair line receded after giving birth :/
Squidge cwtching me :)
 Newborn cwtches
Newborn cwtches
 Sleepy cwtches
Sleepy cwtches
Sleepy baby daddy cwtches
Sleepy baby daddy cwtches
 Morning happy cwtches
Morning happy cwtches

Please share your #PreciousMoments too - you can do so on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, just make sure you use the hashtag :) 

Tŷ Hafan really is a special place - all together they have 700 volunteers, 235 staff and as of Feb 2013, they'd cared for 652 children.

If you'd like to donate to the hospital, you can do so via their Precious Moments campaign page
.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig