Sunday 15 January 2012

Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Colour

ow what a mouth-full of a title!







Ok, so I've had one of these in my posession for a while, and have been waiting to find the right oppotunity to wear said item. I decided to have an experiment yesterday, put it on and see how long it lasts for whilst doing normal things, eating / drinking / talking etc.















One of the weirdest things is it's a combination of lipstick, and lip gloss, but in a pencil! It's really super highly saturated with colour, glitter and gloss. It's really long lasting, for me, it lasted up until I took it off, which was about 6 hours of wear, it could have easily stayed on longer, and without needing to be topped up. One of the things I liked best about it, was that it didn't bleed, at all. Now, I don't usually do anything special if I wear lipstick, I don't powder my lips, use lip liner, I just plonk it on, and I do get bleed with it after a short while, to the extent that I need to remove it all and reapply. But with this there was none! It felt like there was bleed, but when I looked in the mirror there was none at all :)

Here's a swatch on my arm so you can see how saturated the colour is.















I don't know if the camera picked up just how much glitter and sparkle is in these, but there's a lot! They have a great range of colours, the colour I have is in 'Big Bang', but they also have F-Bomb (glossy deep red), Adrenaline (hot pink), Punch Drunk (lighter red), Crush (bright, non-glittery pink). They retail for £15 each, which as far as I'm concerned, is a fair price considering the quality of the product. Now, on the downside, it does also work as a lip-stain, and not necessarily in a good way. I still have a pink blotch on my arm from doing the swatch yesterday, and I've scrubbed it and showered. When I woke up this morning, my lips were still pink also, and still are now :) On a lighter note, it does add a pop of colour when adding a clear/sparkly lip gloss on top though :)

Ultimately, I'd say this is a great product, I'd highly recommend it, but be warned, you'll still be wearing the colour the next day long after you've taken it off.





















(lip gloss action shot)
Pixi3 out xxx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This is so pretty! I found your post looking for swatches of this colour, and oh wow it's so nice on you. I already have this product in F-Bomb, Crush, and Punch Drunk………… BUT I CAN'T GET ENOUGH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah glad I found this post as I am looking for lip products that don't bleed. Now I'm older aka wrinklier i find all lip products bleed into my wrinkles, so will definitely look out for this one.
    Angela xx

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig