Saturday 21 January 2012

Benefit v Barry M - Loose Eyeshadow














Ok, so I was in work the other day wearing my Benefit Lust Duster in Punk Royalty when a friend asked if I'd seen the Barry M Dazzle Dust, to which I replied 'nope!'. So the next day, she kindly brought in a lovely purple dazzle dust for me to try and do a bit of a comparison on. Here's my findings :)




























Benefits' Lust Duster - £14 and might now be discontinued (or updating the line)
First off, I've had this for about a year, maybe 8 months. I haven't used it extensively, probably used it... 6-10 times. It's a loose powder with tiny little bits of glitter in it, very pretty. It looks quite dark in the pot, but when applied it has a lavender hue.

I've searched the net for confirmation of the sizes of the pots, but I can't find anything other than the Benefit one is 1.8g but I can't find any mention about the Barry M one. I would say on looking at the pots that the Benefit one is bigger.

















Barry M in the colour Cherry- £4.95(ish) - available in a range of 60 colours
So I've had this for about... 3days. It's on loan to me, but one thing I will say, is that after this experiment, I will be going to buy a range of my own :) The main difference between this one and the Benefit one is that this one, is more metallic. The colours are a really close match, Punk Royalty (Benefit) is more matt (with little bits of glitter) than the Barry M one.


Video Review



Ultimately I love both products, but the Barry M was definitely the better of the two. I will continue to use the Benefit one, but when it's done (and if it's brought back from being discontinued) I doubt I'll replace it.

Well done Barry M! A great Dupe for Benefit and many others :)












Pixi3 out xxx





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig