Wednesday 13 August 2014

Makeup Revolution nail polishes

Makeup Revolution nail polishes

Makeup Revolution nail polishes on the nails

Makeup Revolution, the latest big brand to hit our screens and high streets - they've caused quite a stir. Being a super lucky blogger, a little while ago they sent me a package of things to try - being the bad blogger I am, they became trapped in my spare room while we were decorating our bedroom and I couldn't get to any of my makeup collection, boo.

One of the first bits I grabbed was the 2 nail polishes they sent me, a cream shade called 'Devil Inside' - sort of a nude colour £1*.  And a glitter polish called 'Love for Sale' a pretty dusky pink £1.50*.

Remember those tiny £1 nail polishes MUA sell with splayed out brushes in small pots? Well, move over MUA, you've got competition! These beauties are in the same price bracket (with the glitter being slightly more at £1.50) and are much bigger bottles (normal size) with a relatively decent brush.  Yeah they brush may not be as good as Essie or OPI, but then, the price is significantly lower too.

The cream shade I had was a little gloopy, I think the lid may have come loose while in transit, but still worked perfectly fine.  In the pic, that's just 1 coat of the nude colour (2 coats of glitter).  On my weaker nails the nude shade chipped on day 2, it's currently day 3 and the glitter has yet to chip.  For the price, I think that's pretty decent, especially when you consider how rubbish my nails are!

All in all I really like these, yeah maybe they're not totally perfect, but for £1 each I'm more than happy and would definitely buy more of their shades.

Watch out over the next couple of weeks for more MUR reviews - just you wait until I review 'The One' foundation of theirs - it's pretty special :)



SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Ooh I love the Devil Inside shade, very pretty! And you can't really complain at £1.50 a bottle hey! I have one of their polishes, I don't remember the name now, but I think it's great! xxx Thou Shalt Not Covet

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mani looks great, I didn't realise Makeup Rev did nail polishes! And your blog design looks amazing! x

    Lola and Behold || Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah these really good, that shade is beautiful! And at such a great price, definitely worth a try :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hadn't seen their polishes! I find their stuff pretty decent for the price, except the mascaras which are just a bit crap! lol! I reviewed them if you haven't tried them yet!
    Enter the Two Hearts One Roof August Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so pretty together! I'd never have thought to pair them together just looking at them in the bottles xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig