Saturday 14 April 2012

Ireland Gift Haul and Update

Hi everyone!  So so sorry it's been a while since my last update, it's been a bit mental!  I've been to Ireland for a week to see my family, and had a few parties to go to, and, next week it's my Birthday.  Busy times!





Lipsticks 

First off I wanted to show you my lipstick collection - not to show off by any means, but more of an indication of what type of lipsticks I tend to prefer and why.



Starting from left we have Chanel, Revlon (2, 3 and 4), Maybelline, Top Shop, Maybelline, Top Shop, Maybelline, L'Oreal, L'Oreal.

I don't tend to go for Chanel lipsticks as much, I tend to prefer thier lip gloss's instead, they're such fantastic colours and pigments, I just haven't had much experience of their lipsticks, and to be honest, for the amount of lipsticks I buy, its probably a good thing that they're mostly 'drugstore' products.  

For pigmentation and colour pay-off I definitely prefer Maybelline, they have really good staying power and tend to be a really nice consistency too.  They also layer really well, so you can build them up for a stronger colour, or you can add a lip gloss over the top to give it an extra bit of sparkle.  With Top Shop, they do some great colours, but I've had some bad experience with their colours.  Not the one from the Sisters of the Moon collection, but their normal collection.  I've found that the lipstick pigment seems to come off and leaves a white reside which is really unpleasant.  Whereas the Sisters of the Moon lipstick in Crystal is lovely, a beautiful flush of unique pink depending on your skin tone and hydration.

L'Oreal I find OK, very middle of the road from the couple I've tried, that's not to say I won't try others, but from the ones I've tried so far I haven't been that impressed.  I do really want to try their Rouge Caresse as I've heard amazing things about it, so that's definitely one for my shopping list. 

Finally, the Revlon Lip Butters, I'm sure as you've seen in previous posts, I'm totally in love with these - they're a perfect blend of everything you want for your lips!  Some are more glossy than others, but all have great pigmentation and come in such a great range of colours (in the USA at least - only 12 here in the UK *shakes fist as Revlon*)


Inglot

Now, here in little old Cardiff we don't have any access to the wonders of Inglot, they're only available in London, and as awesome as they are, I don't really want to do a 3 hour journey just to get a few eye shadows.  So, when I was in Ireland my Dad took Chris and I to Liffey Valley shopping centre where they happen to have an Inglot.  So, when Dad was busy buying new shoes I scarpered off to check out the free-standing Inglot shop and I wasn't disappointed!  Pretty much all the eye shadows were really beautiful when I swatched them, great pigmentation, very creamy in consistancy too - only ones I wasn't as impressed with were their purple ones, they didn't have a very good colour payoff, hence I didn't buy any purple, in stead, I walked away with a neutral quad, which, has become my favourite colours.  








So they're the colours I purchased, I didn't catch the names of them, and she didn't give me the packets they were in which had names on - but it's basically 3 that have shimmer, and 1 matt crease colour.  I've used them a few times now, they have great staying power, they hold their shimmer and vibrancy and blend really well.  I paid €25 which works out at £20, so £5 each (£4.50 each on their website), which for high end shadows is pretty good, they're pretty big too (they range from 2.3g - 3.2g) - a definite recommendation from me :)


Random

Finally, when visiting my family my uncle was over from Thailand (he emigrated there a few years ago from Ireland).  When he comes back over he tends to bring a range of presents with him ranging from Thai earrings, scarves, bags, purses etc - all locally made and usually by people he knows.  This time was no exception, he gave me a purse which I really loved!  It's quite en-trend with it's interior being polka-dots, and the exterior being very floral - also if you look hard enough - the patchwork on the front has an almost 'Chanel' logo on it.


I've no idea where you can get it from other than in Thailand, near Chiang Mai, and no idea how much it costs - very rude to ask how much a present is :)  
So, other than all of that, that's pretty much been my last couple of weeks.  Sorry for the tremendously long post, I hope you enjoy it all the same, and hope you enjoy my Ireland Vlog too - it's my first vlog, and I really enjoyed it, so if you like it let me know and I'll try to do more.

Pixi3 out
xXx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig