Tuesday 28 April 2015

My first OOTD - Blue maxi dress

Ok, before you scroll down to look at the picture I'd like you to read this first.  I'm not someone who is body confidant, pretty far from it.  I've been overweight since I was in my mid-teens - sometimes not very overweight, and other times very overweight.  Currently, I'm very overweight.  Yes I've recently had a baby, but I'm not using that as an excuse.  Yes I have an under active thyroid too, but again, that's not an excuse.  I'm overweight, end of story.

I have put off doing any kind of outfit post for the last 3+ years because I've never had the confidence to 'bear all' in a post.  Some of you have met me in real life, and know the 'real' me, not the photograph snippets I share on here.

After watching the likes of Callie on Plus Size Wars the other day, I really felt inspired.  There I was watching other women who are like me - yeah we're all different sizes, but they're all overweight too and confident in their skin - something one day I hope I am.  I'm not saying I wouldn't like to lose weight, of course I would, but I have begun to accept myself for who I am - an overweight woman. So, if anyone feels I shouldn't be sharing this, well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.  But this is me, un-edited and un-photoshopped and saying #effyourbeautystandards I #honourmycurves.

New Look inspire maxi dress
Dress c/o New Look Inspire £19.99* | Cardigan is from Asda | Necklace Dorothy Perkins | Bracelets are a gift

Bead bracelets

Dorothy Perkins flower necklace
The dress is a blue bold print bandeau maxi dress - something I wear a lot (maxi dresses) and wore a lot through my pregnancy.  It's made of a very light material (viscose), and the bold print really helps to disguise those lumps and bumps.  The only things I'd change about this dress is I'd make it shorter, I'm about 3" too short for it so it really needs to be taken up, and I'd like to see it being more fitted around the bust as it's really quite baggy around there at the moment, but other than that this is a really lovely dress that I've loved adding to my maxi dress collection.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig