Monday 27 February 2012

DuWop Venom Gloss

Hello everyone <3 So I thought I'd do a bit of a review on the DuWop Venom Gloss that I had in this months' Glossy Box - I felt compelled to share my thoughts with you!


















Screenshot of the DuWop website (American site)

When I saw this product in my Glossy Box I was super excited, a really lovely coloured gloss (I love neutrals!) and a lovely helping of sparkle in it too. So I grabbed it from the box this morning and took it into work with me. Once we were a couple of hours into the morning and I'd had my regulation cup of Tea I decided to give it a go and see what it was like.






















Much to my horror, yes, horror I found it to be horrible! It worked as a plumper, if as by definition I want my lips to feel like they're about to explode in a tingly mess over my face - a slight exaggeration, but they did tingle like crazy! The worst part was how thick and gloopy it was. I applied a normal amount, not very much, and I had to lines on the join of my lips where it gathered and in the corners of my mouth, not a good look! Then, when it started wearing off it became really really sticky, not a nice feeling.





















I was really disappointed and definitely wouldn't pay for it. I'm sure there are loads of people out there who love it, and would love it who haven't tried it yet, but for what I like in a lip gloss, it wasn't for me. I prefer slightly thinner gloss's, not thin ones, but something like the Revlon Super Lustrious lip gloss - they're the perfect consistancy for me. I find the Maybelline colour sensational lip gloss's slightly too thin - there's no real staying power with them, and the Revlon is a nice balance.

All in all, a thumbs down :(

Pixi3 out
xXx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig