Friday 23 October 2015

What's in my makeup bag | Autumn 2015

What's in my makeup bag
It's been absolutely ages since I've done a 'What's in my makeup bag' so I thought it was long overdue. 

These days, most days, I don't wear any makeup.  When I'm working (Monday - Wednesday) it's a toss up between getting up half an hour earlier to put makeup on, or catching up on desperately needed sleep.  Sleep wins every time.  I do however keep a kit in my bag so that if I get into work early, I could put a little on, depending on time.

I still put makeup on for special occasions too - but mostly just eye makeup.  What's in this bag, are my staples, what I wear each time I put makeup on.

Bourjois Nude Sensation foundation*
I absolutely adore this - it's similar to look at in the pot to the Maybelline dream matte mousse foundation, but LOTS better.  It doesn't cling to my dry patches but gives a lovely natural finish. I use either my Sigma F80 or Nanshy flat Kabuki brush to blend this in.

Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer*
Possibly one of the best concealers I've tried.  It sets really well, covers a multitude of sins and is really, really long wearing.

Bourjois Aqua Blush
I love this blusher, it's soft, subtle and buildable.  It gives a really natural looking finish, and dries/sets really quickly.

Guerlain meteroites compact light revealing powder*
This is absolutely stunning to set your foundation with, and give your skin a radiant glow.  It also smells amazing, like parma violets ;)

Maybelline babylips*
A handbag essential non? I apply this all throughout the day, it's an absolute essential for me, especially this time of year.  I've already noticed my lips getting drier.

Anastasia Beverly hills DipBrow Pomade
For the most part, I love this.  I do feel like it gets a little dry, so I'm definitely going to give the Freedom Makeup Brow Pomades a go as they're only £5 each, it'll be nice to see how they compare. I do love this though, it's staying power is fantastic.

Maybelline The Nudes eye shadow palette*
Another fantastic product - it has a great combination of both mattes and shimmers, and is probably one of the best thought out palettes I've ever seen (to see why, read my review here).  

Smashbox 24hr eye shadow primer*
An absolute essential for me, I literally wouldn't be without it.  It's hands down the best eye shadow primer I've ever used, and I've tried a lot.  I have some Boots points saved for when this runs out :)

GOSH Forever 24hr eye shadow pencil in 01 silver rose
I always, always use this with the Smashbox primer - the two together to sit under eye shadow are an amazing combination for 12 hour eye shadow wear.

Maybelline matte master liquid eyeliner*
A great liquid eyeliner by Maybelline.  It stays put all day, doesn't transfer onto my lid and has a great and precise applicator, plus as it's high street, it's affordable too.

L'Oreal Infallible kohl eyeliner
I'm yet to find a kohl liner that blows me away, this is decent don't get me wrong - I love that I don't need a pencil sharpener to go with it as it's a twist up one.  It does the job :)

YSL Babydoll mascara*
Possibly one of my favourite ever mascaras.  It gives me beautiful defined lashes, but without any clumping, which I do find 'YSL Shocking' will do.

I think in a few months I'll need to go through my full collection and start getting rid of some of it as lots of it will have expired.  I'm actually looking forward to streaming back my collection to being kept to a smaller amount of useable makeup.

I hate to say it, but I just don't get excited about makeup like I used to.  Instead of browsing cult beauty and stores like that, instead I'm browsing yarn stores - oh how times change :P
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message :)

Please note that 'lets follow each other' type comments will be deleted and not replied to.

© Makeup-Pixi3. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig